After the world wars and civil wars, having a gun by every civilian was ensured for self-defense and protection. Most of the guns are revolvers or handguns, used to be carried by belt holsters so the gun shall behold near to the body. Leather holsters went through a lot of evolution and with each improvisation lot of customized features are bought into play and thus named Custom Leather Holsters
What Makes Custom Leather Holsters Stand Out From Others?
The regular holsters are pre-designed and the material and techniques involved in manufacturing are all fixed and cannot be modified as per customer needs.
Custom leather holsters are offered by many manufacturers today where the customer is given preference to modify and alter as per their needs. They basically provide an itinerary of the product, what materials are used and what techniques are used, and are open enough to take suggestions and customization needs from the customers. These customization companies usually do not manufacture in bulk and will have products made ready based on customer requirements.
The customization is done based on the following factors
- Leather preferred by the customer shall be used. Yes, you can discuss, take suggestions and get your favorite leather, and the color, and finish can also be chosen.
- The fit is made perfectly for your gun. Most of the regular holsters may be a little loose or tight for your gun model even if try to buy the exact model’s holster.
- Get customized engravings. Be it your initials or any memory you want to get embossed, any floral or other pattern designs can be chosen to be engraved on the custom leather holster to make it unique enough to identify the holster as yours.
There are also manufacturing companies providing custom services to fix your existing leather holsters as per your requirements. Well, customization is a special aid that will have to bear some extra consequences which we will be looking into.
Disadvantages Of Custom Leather Holsters
- Customization leads to little increase in the pricing. Compared to regular holsters, to cater to the special needs will definitely cost more and one has to see if the customization needs can be fit into their budget and spend accordingly.
- Since there is no bulk production when it comes to custom product manufacturers and the production is based on orders received, it will take a couple of days to get your custom leather holster to get ready and used. Placing an order beforehand can reduce the impact of this disadvantage.
- Many custom leather holster makers are new and small companies as top companies prefer bulk production and these startup companies, it takes time to trust as many new manufacturers may play a foul and may compromise on the quality while charging you for more, so be aware of which custom company you want to give your order.
By considering the above factors, one can analyze if they need custom leather holsters or not.